Canadian Advanced ESP Inc. (CAESP) is a growing manufacturing, engineering and service solution focused company that provides state of the art Electric Submersible and Surface Horizontal Pumping Systems technology to the global oil and gas industry. The headquarters and main manufacturing, assembly and testing facility is in Edmonton, Alberta. The company has operations in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
As a result of growth and expansion, we need to recruit an Engineering Manager. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead the Engineering team primarily focused on the capital projects and operating activities of our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, including 5+ years in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience in the oil and gas industrial sector, preferable in Artificial lift or related.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with APEGA.
- This role also requires significant experience in project management, cost control, estimating, and proposal preparation, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with clients, coworkers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Manage the Engineering department by directing the activities of the engineering and technical personnel. Schedule and assign employees to projects and follow up on work results. Manage the performance and utilization of the department.
- Lead the department business development effort in order to attract new business and expand current business by working in conjunction with appropriate personnel. Prepare project man-hour estimates and project technical scopes to support the business development effort.
- Communicate with managers, supervisors, engineers, other lead hands and other shop personnel for assignments and other product development testing.
- Reinforce performance expectations according to safe work practices, ISO quality expectations and company policies in order to ensure that all work produced by the department are technically competent.
- Recruit, develop, train, motivate, evaluate and retain qualified personnel.
- Check technical accuracy of drawings and work in Solid Works.
- Work within specified budgets and schedules and meeting Corporate and project quality requirements.